Cycling in Sundsvall and Sweden

Alnö Race Team Forum Cykling Cycling in Sundsvall and Sweden

Detta ämne innehåller 2 svar, har 2 deltagare, och uppdaterades senast av Peder Olsson Peder Olsson 2 år, 8 månader sedan.

Visar 3 inlägg - 1 till 3 (av 3 totalt)
  • Författare

Matt Cox
    Deltagare

Hello,
    I am moving to Sundsvall soon from England and am a keen road cyclist doing both road and cyclocross type riding. I wanted to know what it is like road cycling there and if you have many clubs/sportifs going on? I understand it is not as big a thing as it is here but I wanted to get an idea of what the deal is over there. On my visits I did see a lot of recreational cyclist but not a single road bike.

Are drivers considerate? Are you allowed to use the roads? Are the roads in good condition? Any information you could share would be most appreciated. I read one thread on thelocal.se and it made it sound like cyclist are hated there!

All the best, might even see some of you out there soon!

Matt

Peder Olsson
    Peder Olsson
    Forumledare

Hello Matt!

You are much welcome joining us roadbiking here in Sundsvall. We in ART is a ”spoke-net” of many cycling interested people here in Sundsvall, and we have a large group Triathlon and a running grpu aswel.

We gather competetive cyclist but our majority is gran-fondo and cyclosportif cyclist. Our weekly rides includes ”Måndagsklungan” (eg Monday-bunch) at 18.00 at Alnö Sundsvall, a 40 km trip around the island Alnö in 4 speedgroups, the black is hardcore and the green is basic.

At Wednesdays we have 4 climbs at our ”Södra berget” (eg South citymountain) a ascent of 230 hm on 3.4 km for 4 times.
    Thursdays we ride around lake Marmen, a 49 km ride starting at Sidsjö Sundsvall.

Very welcome joining us, it´s just to pop up and say hello!

Peder, ART-cycling

Peder Olsson
    Peder Olsson
    Forumledare

Hello Matt!

You are much welcome joining us roadbiking here in Sundsvall. We in ART is a ”spoke-net” of many cycling interested people here in Sundsvall, and we have a large group Triathlon and a running grpu aswel.

We gather competetive cyclist but our majority is gran-fondo and cyclosportif cyclist. Our weekly rides includes ”Måndagsklungan” (eg Monday-bunch) at 18.00 at Alnö Sundsvall, a 40 km trip around the island Alnö in 4 speedgroups, the black is hardcore and the green is basic.

At Wednesdays we have 4 climbs at our ”Södra berget” (eg South citymountain) a ascent of 230 hm on 3.4 km for 4 times.
    Thursdays we ride around lake Marmen, a 49 km ride starting at Sidsjö Sundsvall.

Very welcome joining us, it´s just to pop up and say hello!

Peder, ART-cycling

Visar 3 inlägg - 1 till 3 (av 3 totalt)

Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.