training weekend july

Alnö Race Team Forum Triathlon training weekend july

Visar 8 inlägg - 1 till 8 (av 8 totalt)
  • Författare
    ProfilbildGraeme Stone
    Deltagare

hej,

I have had some interest from some people outside of the people i coach. The weekend of July 20-21-22nd we are planing to do one last big block of training before kalmar triathlon.

So far we have planned on the plan:
    Friday 20th – 4km swim (included 3.8km time trial)
    Saturday 21st – 180-200km cycle
    Sunday 22nd – 35-38km run

People are welcome to join in their build up to kalmar, but please note you need a big amount of training behind you to be able to handle the 3 days back to back. But people are welcome to join in separate days if they like. Both runners/swimmers and cyclists.

We are planning to do all three days in sundsvall no matter what the weather gods bring us.

If you are interested in joining for part of it or all three days you can contact me at graeme@tri-it.se

The more the merrier 🙂

ProfilbildGraeme Stone
    Deltagare

Hej everyone will update you on the training weekend probably tomorrow night. We are just planning out the course to ride and run.

Friday – 4km swim (around 15-16:00)
    Saturday – 180-200km ride (9am start)
    Sunday – 35-38km run ( 10am start)

(estimate start times)

The plan is to try and have drop off points so people that only want to do half of the training can leave after part way through the training.

Most likely the average speeds are going to be 32-33km/hr + on the bike plus 2hrs at close to ironman speed and also around 5min/km on the run. Of course on the run we may split into two groups on the last part of the run.
    Also the bike speeds depends on wind, weather etc…

The main thing with this 3 days is the distance, but we will do some harder efforts during the bike and run. But ideally we will try keep everyone together.

Also remember you need a good base of training for these 3 days, if you have any small injuries prepared to cut some of the days shorter than others.
    The run on Sunday I will sort out water and food on parts of the run if needed. Otherwise you all should be taking and eating what you will have in the ironman. It’s a perfect time to practice your nutrition.

If the weather is really bad over the weekend, we will cut it short and do some intensity training.Only if its really bad. Raining doesn’t count 😉

If your still interested in joining the group over the 3 days, either all 3 days or just the bike,run or swim
    contact me graeme@tri-it.se

/Graeme

ProfilbildTommie Nilsson
    Deltagare

Kommer inte vara några problem att somna ikväll efter denna träningshelg….
    Roligt att så pass många var med.
    //Tommie

ProfilbildPether Taflin
    Deltagare

Tack alla inblandade för en mycket givande helg! Jobbigt, men betydligt mycket roligare när man är många.
    Vilket fantastiskt gäng vi är!

ProfilbildTomas Edström
    Deltagare

Jag vill också passa på att tacka alla som deltagit i helgen!
    Grymt bra kämpat!

Speciellt tack till Graeme för initiativet samt support och tips under dagarna.

//TomasE

ProfilbildGraeme Stone
    Deltagare

Great effort to everyone the participated over the 3 days, you were all looking really strong towards kalmar! looking forward to seeing good results from ART!

Also many thanks yesterday for the coffee stop tomas and bella! and ofcourse organizing the cycling course!

Some more weekends like this would be great! next time ill be fit and uninjured 😉

ProfilbildBenicio Toro
    Deltagare

Kan bara instämma. Kul att kunna köra mängdträning i grupp och bra gjort av alla som lagt ned tid på planering av dessa tre dagar med bojar, bansträckning, fika, support och mycket mer! Skönt att ha detta i ryggen inför Kalmar!

Martin StollMartin Stoll
    Deltagare

Äntligen kan jag gå normalt igen.. De senaste dagarna har tillbringats horisontalt i soffan. Rätt skönt det också!

Visar 8 inlägg - 1 till 8 (av 8 totalt)
  • Du måste vara inloggad för att svara på detta ämne.